Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #6

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by, Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on!


Title: Arise (Hereafter #2)
Author: Tara Hudson
Release Date: June 5th, 2012
Publisher: HarperCollins Children's Books


Amelia—still caught between life and death—must fight for every moment of her relationship with the human boy Joshua. They can hardly even kiss without Amelia accidentally dematerializing. Looking for answers, they go to visit some of Joshua’s Seer relatives in New Orleans. But even in a city so famously steeped in the supernatural, Amelia ends up with more questions than answers…and becomes increasingly convinced that she and Joshua can never have a future together.Wandering through the French Quarter, Amelia meets other in-between ghosts, and begins to seriously consider joining them. And then she meets Gabrielle. Somehow, against impossible odds, Gaby has found a way to live a sort of half-life...a half-life for which Amelia would pay any price. Torn between two worlds, Amelia must choose carefully, before the evil spirits of the netherworld choose for her.

It feels like such a long time ago since I read Hereafter, though it was only earlier this summer!  I loved it though, and I can't wait to find out what happens with Amelia in this book.  Just look at that cover.  I bet it's going to be a beauty in person as well.

Thanks for stopping by.  Care to share what you're waiting for this week?

Guys, there are only two more days to enter to win a book of your choice!  You can order anything from The Book Depository as long as it's $10 or under.  If you haven't entered, I suggest you do so quickly!  I'd also appreciate if you helped spread the word on twitter or facebook.
Click HERE to check out the giveaway!

13 comments:

  1. this book looks awesome!!! cant wait!! Great Pick!!

    http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. YESYESYES! How beautiful is the cover for this one! But up until now I (somehow) didn't know it was a sequel to Hereafter (FAIL!)

    I nearly bought a copy of it a couple of weeks ago... I'm kind of sad I didn't now. I want them for the pretty covers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved Hereafter! Looking forward to Arise!!!
    Aren't the covers gorgeous?

    My pick this week: http://mochalattereads.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday36.html

    -★Wendy★
    A Cupcake and a Latte: Young Adult Reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the cover of Arise! It sounds interesting! Great pick! Thank you for sharing!

    Sam
    Books For All Seasons

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to check out the first in this series---looks good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This book sounds awesome, I haven't read the first yet but it is on my TBR list. Thanks for sharing :)

    New follower here, love the blog :)

    My very first WOW:

    http://fictionfascination.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    Carly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this cover and the book sounds great as well.
    New follower

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of the setting...New Orleans. The story sounds tempting....

    Here's MY WOW POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh this has one of the prettiest covers I've seen. Great job.

    Grace
    Livre De Amour-Books of Love Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick! I still haven't read Hereafter yet. Maybe before Arise comes out? :)

    My WoW: http://hopefaithbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/waiting-on-wednesday-17.html

    -Brittani

    ReplyDelete
  11. I STILL need to read Hereafter. I'm seriously slacking.

    Have an amazing reading week!

    - Asher (from Paranormal Indulgence)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have to read #1 before this comes out. Great pick.
    My WOW at FABR: Once

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was a big fan of Hereafter too! can't wait to see what's going to be revealed in New Orleans. Sounds good! Thanks for visiting :)

    ReplyDelete