Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday- Childhood Favorites


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.


This week we're listing the top ten favorite books from our childhood.  

For some reason, most of the books on my list are the ones I remember from kindergarten, but I still get excited when I see them in the stores.



1. Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak









2. The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle







3. Stellaluna by Janell Cannon









4. Chicka Chicka Boom Boom by Bill Martin Jr. 
                                                    and John Archambault







5. Corduroy by Don Freeman









6. Everyone Poops by Taro Gomi
(Pretty sure someone bought it for my mom and I ended up taking it to share the humor with my best friend.)








7. The Phantom Tollbooth by Norton Juster










8. The Junie B. Jones series by Barbara Park







9. Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling



10. Holes by Louis Sachar
My 5th grade teacher read this book to us every day and even gave each of us our own copies.  It's one of my fondest memories of that year.







Thanks for stopping by!  What books do you have on your top ten?

P.S. Only 10 more days to enter my giveaway for your book of choice from The Book Depository!  The link is in the sidebar, if you're interested!  :)


4 comments:

  1. This is a fabulous list! Everything on this list would make a good Christmas gift for a child.

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent choices!
    Here’s my Top Ten Tuesday post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. HARRY POTTER. HOLES. WHERE THE WILD THINGS ARE. LOVE. WHY ARE YOU SO SMART CHEY. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had a nickle for every time I'd read Stellaluna to my daughter, well let's just say, I have oodles and oodles of nickles. When she "graduated" from elementary school, one of the things we did was buy 5 copies of this book to donate to the school. She always fussed because they didn't have enough copies of it. The school puts the donating child's name inside the cover for them. She is now graduating from grad school and getting married. We'll see if any of these copies survived so that her children can see how much she loved this book.

    ReplyDelete