Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday- Books I Want Santa to Bring

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

This week we're listing the top ten books we wish Santa would sneak into our homes at night and place so delicately under our Christmas trees.




1. The Probability of Miracles by Wendy Wunder

Though I originally added this one to my wishlist because of the pretty cover, I soon came to realize it was much more than that.  I really, really love contemporary novels and I've heard all great things about this one.  It's emotional, too, which is always a bonus for me.




2. The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler

This book sounds AMAZING.  I really loved Thirteen Reasons Why, so that's part of why I want this book so badly.  That's not all, though.  I love everything about the 90's and I remember exactly the first time I heard that horrible "You've got mail" AOL voice.  I can only imagine how interesting this book is, since it's about two teens in the 90's sent into 2011 just by logging onto the internet for the first time.



3. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins

Needless to say, I loved Anna and the French Kiss.  As soon as I finished that one, I needed to get my hands on this one as well.






4. Sisters Red by Jackson Pearce

I've been wanting this one foreverrr.  I just love Jackson and her vlogs are so entertaining.  I definitely enjoyed As You Wish, so I need to read this ASAP!






5. Sweetly by Jackson Pearce

If I'm going to get Sisters Red, I might as well get the companion novel, Sweetly.  Right, Santa?






6. Cold Kiss by Amy Garvey


Zombie love...What more can a girl ask for this Christmas?








7. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake

This story hardly seems appropriate for bringing holiday cheer, but I know that if I unwrapped it on Christmas day, I'd sure be happy.






8. Fateful by Claudia Gray

So I've never read a Claudia Gray book before, but this one includes the Titanic and werewolves?  Count me in.










9. / 10. The Iron King and The Iron Daughter 
by Julie Kagawa


I've had The Iron Queen sitting on my shelf for a while now and I haven't been able to get to it because I don't have the first two!  I feel like it's been too long since I've read a good book about faeries. 



I know that I won't actually get any of these books from Santa since he can't afford Christmas at my house this year, so these wishes will remain wishes until next year.  


Santa, if you'd rather give me some lovely ARCs or wait until the new year, I'd REALLY love to receive these four books as well.











-The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg
-The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith

-Tempest by Julie Cross

-Everneath by Brodi Ashton




I apologize for the super long post!  Thanks for stopping by!  Which 10 (or more ;P) books do you wish Santa would bring you this holiday?

12 comments:

  1. Probability of Miracles was a tear jerker, great book and a pretty cover too.
    Fateful is AWESOME one of my favorite books of the year, if you don't get it for Christmas you need to buy it!!
    I would love to get Everneath and Tempest too

    Awesome list
    http://kristina-worldofbooks.blogspot.com/2011/12/top-10-tuesdays-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the way you do your list. It's all nice and clean. It seems like everyone is picking upcoming books, I should have thought of that. Both of your list look great. I am going to add Sisters Red and Sweetly to my list, the covers look so cool.

    Love your blog, new follower. And thanks for stopping by ours.

    Happy Holidays, Ivy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Probability of Miracles and Sweetly are both on my list. Cold Kiss looks really interesting. I'm a wimp -- that's why I haven't read Anna Drenched In Blood yet, though I am curious. As for the Iron Fey books ... Yes! Santa *please* bring those. The Iron King is great!

    Anyway, I hope that you have a wonderful day. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just finished the Future of Us! Awesome choice to add!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can win a couple of these if you enter my current giveaway! :-) I just finished Tempest and it was excellent. Not at all what I expected! I hope Santa brings everything on your list! Merry Christmas!

    Karis's Top Ten

    ReplyDelete
  6. Zombie love...What more can a girl ask for this Christmas?

    I know, right?!

    Here's my post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope Santa will bring you the Iron King & Daughter! This serie is so AMAZING! Is one of my favourite series EVER! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ummm... yes? I'll have those too, thanks! Hehe! I ordered my copy of Lola on Monday, and I'm SO EXCITED to get my hands on it! And I've asked for the Iron Fey books, too :)

    And Everneath! Yes! I pre-ordered at the same time as Lola :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, you've picked some really great ones! I hope Santa is nice to you this year ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anna Dressed In Blood and Cold Kiss are two of my big ones as well! I hope you get at least one of these over the holidays =) occasionally you need to treat yourself as well!

    New follower =)
    Chels @ chelsandabook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, "Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake" is mine favorite and I happy to see it here.
    Data Migration

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Iron Fey series is awesome, I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I did :) !!
    Lola and the Boy Next Door is pretty good too though I liked Anna and the French Kiss best!
    I hope you've got anthing you wished for :) !! Happy reading and thank you so much for stopping by my blog !!

    ReplyDelete