Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #5

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by, Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on!


Title: The Catastrophic History of You and Me
Author: Jess Rothenberg
Release Date: February 21st, 2012
Publisher: Penguin Young Readers Group

Dying of a broken heart is just the beginning.... Welcome to forever.

BRIE'S LIFE ENDS AT SIXTEEN: Her boyfriend tells her he doesn't love her, and the news breaks her heart—literally.

But now that she's D&G (dead and gone), Brie is about to discover that love is way more complicated than she ever imagined. Back in Half Moon Bay, her family has begun to unravel. Her best friend has been keeping a secret about Jacob, the boy she loved and lost—and the truth behind his shattering betrayal. And then there's Patrick, Brie's mysterious new guide and resident Lost Soul . . . who just might hold the key to her forever after.

With Patrick's help, Brie will have to pass through the five stages of grief before she's ready to move on. But how do you begin again, when your heart is still in pieces?

Much like last week's Waiting on Wednesday post, this book also sounds perfect for me, especially since the summary makes the plot seem like something I might have gone through in my life already.  I love the concept that the main character's broken heart literally kills her.  Thankfully that doesn't happen in reality, or someone like me would have been D&G for a while now. 

What awesome title are you waiting for this Wednesday?

P.S. Now there are only 9 days to enter my giveaway, so I encourage you to do so if you haven't yet!  The link is in the sidebar, just under the "About Me" section.

5 comments:

  1. Can't say this is my kind of read since it deals with matters of the heart and love and I shy away from those kind of stories I have to agree with you the concept of actually being killed of a broken heart is interesting.

    Sandy
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pre-ordered this on Amazon, I can't wait! Thanks for dropping by! New follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. it sounds super cute!

    stop by my WOW post?!

    http://www.lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for stoppping by my blog.
    This sounds like an interesting read. I can't imagine actually dying from a broken heart. Sounds tragic. Thanks for sharing.

    Sandra
    New Follower
    Waiting For Wentworth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been seeing this a lot and I really want it!, thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete