Friday, December 23, 2011

Follow Friday #8

Follow Friday is a weekly blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.



Q: If you had to spend eternity inside the pages of a book which book would you choose and why?

I'd have to say any Francesca Lia Block book I've read.  Probably the Weetzie Bat series.  Sure, many of her stories are just set in Los Angeles, (or as she calls it, Shangri-LA) but it's not the same LA I've always pictured in my mind.  Her writing creates this beautiful, magical place filled with dancing, glitter, faeries, mermaid women and surfer boys. 


Oh, yeah, and there's also Harry Potter...but that's obvious.  What crazy person wouldn't want to live there?!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Which books books would you live in if you were given the chance?

13 comments:

  1. I definitely need to read Weetzie Bat. Harry Potter is a great pick!

    A new follower! :)
    Please check out my Follow Friday!
    http://forget8me8not.blogspot.com/2011/12/follow-friday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harry Potter may be an obvious answer, but I'd still like to go there. Old follower, hopping through!
    Here's our #FF post

    Maja @ The Nocturnal Library

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought about Harry Potter but figured that would be everyone's answer. Never heard of the other author/series need to check it out. Old follower

    ReplyDelete
  4. Indeed! It would be awesome living in the world of HP. =D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree! I would love to live in Harry Potter world! Who wouldn't?!?!?! I haven't read any Francesca Lia Block books.
    Old Follower
    Visit My Follow Friday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Of course it should always be Harry Potter!! I think LA is magical place by its own.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't read that series, but that LA sounds magical.

    Following back!
    Ning
    Reading by Kindle Fire

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hopping through. I've always meant to read Weetzie Bat. I should get to it.
    My Hop

    ReplyDelete
  9. Meremaids and suffer boys? Yes, please!

    New follower! Here is the link to my FF.

    http://www.birdy-books.com/2011/12/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post! I totally agree with Harry Potter!! I really want to be in it :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your reply to the question. I am a new follower so come follow me at bookreaper.blogspot.com. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Harry Potter! :) I'm a new follower. Happy Holidays!

    Sarah @ Smitten over Books

    ReplyDelete