Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday- Books I Want to Give as Gifts

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.

This week we're listing the top ten books we'd like to give as a gift this Christmas.  If I had the money, you know I'd be buying everyone I know a book I think they'd like.  I just think they're the perfect gift, even to those who aren't avid readers such as we all are.

1. Dangerous Angels
by Francesca Lia Block
For the odd girl that likes to think of life as a fairytale.  The one with the imagination and the sense of adventure.  

2. The Duff 
by Kody Keplinger
For the beautiful girl that has a tough time seeing her unique qualities.

3. Perfect Chemistry
by Simone Elkeles
For the hopeless romantic.

4. Warm Bodies
by Isaac Marion
For the ones that make fun of me for reading YA.



5. Pretty Little Liars
by Sara Shepard
For the ones who love to be kept guessing.  (Obviously I'd have to buy them the whole series, or at least the first 4.  I flew through those in a week)

6. Shatter Me
by Tahereh Mafi
For the ones who love a satisfying book with no cliffhangers.


7. The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer
by Michelle Hodkin
For anyone, just because it was that awesome.


8. Before I Fall
by Lauren Oliver
For the one that appreciates beautiful writing.

9. Hex Hall
by Rachel Hawkins
For the paranormal junkie.


10. The Perks of Being a Wallflower
by Stephen Chbosky
Because I try to recommend this to everyone.



Now...here are the books I'd actually love to give to the people closest to me...

For Mom:












-The Big-Ass Book of Crafts by Mark Montano
I imagine we'd make some cute things together.

-Hello, Cupcake! by Karen Tack
We've been baking a lot lately.  It would be nice to get some more ideas!

For Santi (the boyfriend):
-Goliath
by Scott Westerfeld
While he was here he read the first two in the series and I know how badly he wants to read this one.

-The Maze Runner
by James Dashner
I just really think he'd enjoy this series.




-For Danielle (the best friend)

-Vixen
by Jillian Larkin
She's obsessed with flappers and the 1920's.

-White Cat
by Holly Black
You should see her copy of Tithe.  It's falling apart because she's read it so much.  I imagine she'd enjoy reading another Holly Black series.



That's it!  Thanks for stopping by to check out my picks.
Don't forget, only 3 more days to enter my giveaway for your choice of book from the Book Depository!  Please enter if you haven't already and I'd love if you helped spread the word!
Click HERE to enter!  :)

4 comments:

  1. Ohh, now I must check out Warm Bodies since you've said it's for the person who makes fun of us for reading YA. Thanks for the rec, Chey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I don't think it's considered a YA book but I believe that it does have a lot of YA qualities. I know my guy friends who laugh at me for reading "kid stuff" would feel pretty silly to know that it's not that different from the books we read. :) I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chey! Thanks so much for coming to check out our blog today! Your list looks awesome. Love how you categorized your favorite books and then added a few by person. EVEN MORE choices! I'm going to add a few of these titles to my list. Do you feel like your to-read list is exponentially growing? I do. I can't keep up!

    Our Top Ten Tuesday Post

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are such a sweetie pie for mentioning my book! Thank you! Just wanted to reach out and say hello and send you some happy and merry for the holidays.

    My best,
    Mark Montano
    The Big Ass guy.
    P.S. The Big Ass Book of Craft 2 just came out. I think you might like it, too.

    ReplyDelete