Friday, December 2, 2011

Follow Friday #5

Follow Friday is a weekly blog hop hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read.


Q: What is your biggest pet peeve when it comes to books? Maybe you don’t like love triangles or thin plots? Tell us about it!


Hmm, this is a little difficult for me to answer.  I don't usually have many pet peeves when it comes to the books I read. 

I can say that I definitely don't enjoy when an author drags on a series.  No matter how beloved the books are, all things should come to an end.

I also hate when I can't connect to the characters I'm reading about because I barely know anything about them.  Ugh, and I despise typos just because I end up spending an unnecessary amount of time staring at them, as if I could magically change the ink on the page.

Unlike some others, personally, I don't see anything wrong with love triangles and/or falling in love instantly.  I'm a hopeless romantic and I just eat that stuff up.  Sure, it may not happen often in reality, but I'm sure it happens from time to time.

What are your bookish pet peeves?

(If you're visiting my blog for the first time, just to let you know, I have a giveaway for your choice of book $10 or less from The Book Depository- which means it's international!  Click here to read the rules and enter.  Ends December 16th.)

6 comments:

  1. I completely agree! It's hard to enjoy a book when you can't connect to the characters!

    An old follower!

    Please check out my FF here:
    http://forget8me8not.blogspot.com/2011/12/follow-friday-2.html

    And my 50 followers giveaway!
    http://forget8me8not.blogspot.com/2011/11/50-followers-giveaway-blood-bound-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about the dragging out of series. Always end on a high note!

    New follower!

    http://readingtopenguins.blogspot.com/2011/12/following-friday-13.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. New follower!

    I agree about the series thing. Sometimes dragging them out actually hurts the plots.

    Here's mine:
    http://carabosseslibrary.blogspot.com/2011/12/follow-friday.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate it when authors drag series out! Especially when the series already wraps up nicely and doesn't need to be continued. No matter how much I love the characters, eventually I'm going to either become bored or annoyed with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Although I do like a good series, I agree that sometimes enough is enough :-)

    Beautiful blog! Thanks for following. Following you back :-) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for stopping by, I'm a new follower.

    I do agree with you, some series are too long and I am also a romantic.

    I love your blog design :)

    ReplyDelete