Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #103

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on! 

Title: The Rose and The Dagger
Author: Renee Ahdieh
Release Date: May 3rd, 2016
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile

I am surrounded on all sides by a desert. A guest, in a prison of sand and sun. My family is here. And I do not know whom I can trust. 

In a land on the brink of war, Shahrzad has been torn from the love of her husband Khalid, the Caliph of Khorasan. She once believed him a monster, but his secrets revealed a man tormented by guilt and a powerful curse—one that might keep them apart forever. Reunited with her family, who have taken refuge with enemies of Khalid, and Tariq, her childhood sweetheart, she should be happy. But Tariq now commands forces set on destroying Khalid's empire. Shahrzad is almost a prisoner caught between loyalties to people she loves. But she refuses to be a pawn and devises a plan. 

While her father, Jahandar, continues to play with magical forces he doesn't yet understand, Shahrzad tries to uncover powers that may lie dormant within her. With the help of a tattered old carpet and a tempestuous but sage young man, Shahrzad will attempt to break the curse and reunite with her one true love.

Earlier this year I fell in love with Renee Ahdieh's debut novel,  The Wrath and The Dawn.  After meeting her, she became one of my new favorite people.  Her writing is incredibly unique, and words cannot explain how much I'm looking forward to the sequel in this series.

What awesome title are you waiting for this Wednesday?

4 comments:

  1. Seriously, why have I not read book one yet?? I have no excuse. Glad to hear you loved it and are looking forward to this second one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have to start with the first one. Love the cover!
    Alma @ A Novel Place

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sad I haven't picked up the first book yet, but I SWEAR I will get to it! I hope you enjoy this when it comes out - hopefully I'll have already read the first book by then! Here's my Wow!

    Lillie @LittleLillieReads

    ReplyDelete
  4. I CANNOT WAIT TO READ THIS ONE! The cover is amazing! Thank goodness the series is a duology. Great choice, Chey!

    Have a fantastic weekend. :)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete