Sunday, May 3, 2015

That's What Chey Said: Other Hobbies

I've decided to bring back my discussion posts, because sometimes I'm just itching to talk to you guys about things having to do with books and blogging!  As of right now, I'm posting them every other week.  That being said, if you have any topic suggestions, I'd love to hear them!

This week I wanted to discuss hobbies, because as much as I love reading and blogging, I need a break from it every once in a while.  Here are some other things I love to do...

Writing

I've been writing for as long as I can remember.  It's my first love.  It's something I don't even think about anymore, I just do it because it comes natural to me.  When I was a teenager, I wrote a lot of fanfiction and I've always been embarrassed to admit it, but I still go back to it from time to time when I'm not feeling inspired enough to begin something original.  The ultimate dream is to have my work published.



Collecting Funko Pop Figures

If I could, I would splurge and get every single one on my wishlist.  I already have 12 of my favorite characters from some of my favorite shows, and there are so many more that I want to get.  It's an addiction and like any addiction, it will get out of control if you let it.



Binge-Watching TV Shows

Speaking of tv shows, have I mentioned how much I love watching a good one?  I can watch a full series anywhere from a few days to a month, depending how long it is.  Some of my obsessions are Buffy The Vampire Slayer, Supernatural, The Walking Dead, American Horror Story, True Blood, Criminal Minds, Gilmore Girls, Shameless...seriously, the list goes on and on.  I think you get the point.  I'm always watching something.



Going to Concerts

It's almost summertime, which means that many summer concerts are coming up!  Although I don't go to nearly as many as I used to, concerts are some of my favorite places to be.  There's nothing quite like being in the presence of a band you love, especially if it's the first time you're seeing them.



Video Games

Okay, so I'm not the biggest gamer, but when I get into it, I REALLY get into it.  Lately I've been playing Final Fantasy X, which is one of my favorite games ever.  It's been about 10 years since the last time I played and it's so easy to lose track of time.

There are so many other things I enjoy doing, but I'd say that these (including reading) are the top 6!

What are some of your other hobbies?

4 comments:

  1. I love the Pop vinyl figures! So excited for June when the Doctor Who ones come out!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What about the Harry Potter ones?!?! :P

      Delete
  2. Love this post! :) I only own one pop vinyl figure, but I am definitely tempted to buy up all my favorite characters.

    I also love going to concerts too! I hope I can go to a lot this summer. I definitely agree with you, there is nothing better than listening to my favorite bands live. By the way I love that Fall Out Boy picture! I saw them last summer and they are one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That picture was taken last year when they were on tour with Paramore. Such a good show! You're awesome. :)

      Delete