Monday, January 15, 2018

I'm Reading for Myself Again

It's been a long time since I've blogged about books.  Life has gotten busy, it's true, but I also burned myself out.  Last year I thought that maybe I would reinvent my blog, but it was also the year that I posted the least.  I see that many of the bloggers who were around when I started are barely posting anymore. 

Maybe everyone has moved on to bigger and better things, or maybe they're hopping on the BookTube bandwagon that I always wanted to try but never had the guts to begin.  I feel so out of the loop, but this time, I don't mind so much.  I'm reading for myself again.  I don't know which new books are coming out anymore, and I'm okay with it.  Now I just get a happy surprise if I go to the store and see that one of my favorite authors has released something new.

Right now I'm reading books that I choose to read, not books that are coming out soon because I have to review them.  Don't get me wrong, I love creating hype for a book that I was fortunate enough to enjoy earlier than most, but there's also something so relieving about picking out a book that's been sitting on your shelves for a while, patiently waiting to be read.

Current Reads:

  

It by Stephen King

I absolutely loved the new theatrical remake of Stephen King's It.  I spent a month after seeing it in theaters just looking up more of the story.  I finally purchased the book on a whim, and I'm loving it.  I know that it will take me a while to read, though, because it's a daunting 1,157 pages long!

After finishing Eliza and Her Monsters by Francesca Zappia, I needed a new ebook to read, so I went with Kasie West's new novel, Love, Life, and the List.  Since I mostly read on my kindle during my lunch breaks at work, I thought that this would be the perfect, fluffy read.

What are you reading?

2 comments:

  1. It breaks my heart to see how many of my blogging friends have left blogging - I feel like that's 90% of my GFC list. ):

    I'm happy that you're reading for yourself again! I'm always a 'yoyo' when it comes to reading because I give in to blogger buzz.

    Enjoy your reads, and I hope you get to Simon Vs before the movie comes out!

    Welcome back Chey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. welcome back!! I quit blogging for a long time myself, but I truly enjoy it, and I am going at my own pace!! Life does get in the way, but some things are more important. It is excellent, one of my favorites of Stephen King's and I have Simon on my Spring TBR list!!
    https://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/03/why-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete