Tuesday, December 18, 2012

The Best of 2012: Contemporary

In case you don't know much about me yet, I'll tell you this: I love contemporary books.  I can't get enough of them, especially contemporary romance.  This list is dedicated to my favorite contemporary reads of 2012.


-Bittersweet by Sarah Ockler
-Pretty Crooked by Elisa Ludwig
-Take a Bow by Elizabeth Eulberg

Bittersweet was a cute story, but my favorite part had to be the cupcake recipes at the start of every new chapter!


-Unbreak My Heart by Melissa Walker
-In Honor by Jessi Kirby
-Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

If a story can fill me with happiness and sadness in the span of 400 pages or less, I'm bound to love it.


-A Midsummer's Nightmare by Kody Keplinger
-Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson
-My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick

Second Chance Summer is probably the most emotional book I've read this year.  I connected with the story and characters in so many different ways.


-What Happens Next by Colleen Clayton
-Meant to Be by Lauren Morrill
-Stealing Parker by Miranda Kenneally

All of these authors' writing styles pretty much guaranteed that I'm going to be reading their next books!

4 comments:

  1. Yes, to that entire list!! Great books.Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! great picks.... Love those books

    -Dannielle

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've also read some amazing contemporaries this year! I haven't read any on your list..YET. I'm hoping to get Second Chance Summer, Pushing the Limits, Meant to Be, and My Life Next Door for Christmas! I'll have to check the others out too, I can't get enough YA contemporary lately! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list. I love reading contemporaries too. I am currently reading Meant To Be. I'll have to add Second Chance Summer to my tbr.

    ReplyDelete