Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #47

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by, Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on!

Title: The Spindlers
Author: Lauren Oliver
Release Date: October 2nd, 2012
Publisher: HarperCollins


One night when Liza went to bed, Patrick was her chubby, stubby, candy-grubbing and pancake-loving younger brother, who irritated and amused her both, and the next morning, when she woke up, he was not. In fact, he was quite, quite different. 

When Liza's brother, Patrick, changes overnight, Liza knows exactly what has happened: The spindlers have gotten to him and stolen his soul. 

She knows, too, that she is the only one who can save him. 

To rescue Patrick, Liza must go Below, armed with little more than her wits and a broom. There, she uncovers a vast world populated with talking rats, music-loving moles, greedy troglods, and overexcitable nids . . . as well as terrible dangers. But she will face her greatest challenge at the spindlers' nests, where she encounters the evil queen and must pass a series of deadly tests--or else her soul, too, will remain Below forever.

Though this is a middle grade book, it's on my wishlist purely because Lauren Oliver's writing is magical.   I still haven't gotten to read her first middle grade book, Liesl and Po, but I have no doubt that both of them are just as amazing as her YA novels.

What awesome title are you waiting for this Wednesday?

15 comments:

  1. You had me at Lauren Oliver too. I definitely am going to have to check this one out.

    Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WoW post

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE Lauren Oliver. I haven't read her middle grades books but want to give them a try sometime.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I have this one! Heard its really good.

    Check out our Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already read this one and it was lovely! I hope you are going to like it as much as I did.

    Come visit my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Lauren Oliver, and even though this is MG I wouldn't doubt it is amazing!
    Here's my WoW.
    Ashley
    #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't heard of that book. I'm a new GFC follower.

    Here's my WoW - http://bookbloggermom.blogspot.com/2012/09/waiting-on-wednesday-8.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read Lauren Oliver's other MG book either, but I think I might buy them both together and read them when this one's out! I adore her books.

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got an ARC of this one at ALA. I didn't love it, (and it has a very different feel from her other books) but I hope you like it once it comes out! Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. An interesting cover and choice.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/09/waiting-on-wednesday_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This book looks so cute and it has a great cover! Happy Wednesday :)

    Our WoW
    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh! This does sound like something I would like to read! Thanks so much for spotlighting it today. Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oohh Lauren Oliver! I loved Delirium. I can't wait to read her middle grade books. Great choice!
    ------
    Giselle from Book Nerd Canada
    Waiting on Wednesday #38

    ReplyDelete
  13. Goblin King, Oh Goblin King!!! ... or at least, that's what it reminds me of... and I'm all in. I love the cover art on this book and think it sounds adorable!

    http://littlesqueed.blogspot.com/2012/09/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh! How did this book pass me by? I'm so glad you brought it to my attention. It's going on my Goodreads list, pronto!

    ReplyDelete