Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #3

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by, Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on!


Title: The Disenchantments
Author: Nina LaCour
Release Date: February 16th, 2012
Publisher: Dutton Juvenile


Colby and Bev have a long-standing pact: graduate, hit the road with Bev's band, and then spend the year wandering around Europe. But moments after the tour kicks off, Bev makes a shocking announcement: she's abandoning their plans - and Colby - to start college in the fall.

But the show must go on and The Disenchantments weave through the Pacific Northwest, playing in small towns and dingy venues, while roadie- Colby struggles to deal with Bev's already-growing distance and the most important question of all: what's next?

Morris Award—finalist Nina LaCour draws together the beauty and influences of music and art to brilliantly capture a group of friends on the brink of the rest of their lives.

If you've been following this blog, you know that I LOVE contemporary.  At first the cover caught my eye, but I grew to love the summary too.  I'm just hoping that I'll end up enjoying this book as much as I want to.

Have you read it already, or is it on your wishlist?  
What book are you waiting on this Wednesday?

Oh, if you didn't already know, I'm having my 100 Follower Giveaway, where you can enter to win a book of choice from The Book Depository!  The giveaway ends December 16th.  (enter here)

1 comment:

  1. this one sounds amazing!

    stop by my WOW post!? I have a few picks!

    http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/2011/11/waiting-on-wednesday_23.html

    ReplyDelete