Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #51

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by, Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on! 

Title: Shadowlands
Author: Kate Brian
Release Date: January 8th, 2013
Publisher: Disney Hyperion

Rory Miller had one chance to fight back and she took it. Rory survived… and the serial killer who attacked her escaped. Now that the infamous Steven Nell is on the loose, Rory must enter the witness protection with her father and sister, Darcy, leaving their friends and family without so much as a goodbye.

Starting over in a new town with only each other is unimaginable for Rory and Darcy. They were inseparable as children, but now they can barely stand each other. As the sisters settle in to Juniper Landing, a picturesque vacation island, it seems like their new home may be just the fresh start they need. They fall in with a group of beautiful, carefree teens and spend their days surfing, partying on the beach, and hiking into endless sunsets. But just as they’re starting to feel safe again, one of their new friends goes missing. Is it a coincidence? Or is the nightmare beginning all over again?

Although I just got the ARC of this in the mail, I have to wait until at least December to start it, which is proving to be very difficult!  I made the mistake of reading the first chapter and it completely sucked me in.  I can't wait to find out what happens!

What awesome title are you waiting for this Wednesday? 

15 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of this one before so thank you for mentioning it! It does sound really good. Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you'd like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday post you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I featured this one on my blog a couple months ago and I never tire of looking at it's cover I just love it! Great pick!

    Come check out my WoW post :)

    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm super excited for this one too! That cover is so pretty!
    ------
    Giselle from Book Nerd Canada
    Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for this one too! So jealous you have an ARC, but I don't know if I could hold off on reading it... lol

    Nikki @ Books Most Wanted

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds lovely! I hope you enjoy it when it comes out :)

    Here is my WoW post. Check it out? ;)

    -Maxine @ Teenage Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this book sounds amazing. I hope I'll get it from the netgalley cause I really want to read it soon! Great pick.

    Here is my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  7. This cover is so beautiful! It makes me think the story is paranormal though---I don't think it is, but even if it's not, it sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick. It sounds like a good read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks great!
    Thanks for an awesome pick :-)

    Cassie
    GreatMunchieReads

    ReplyDelete
  10. Can't wait to read this. Adore the cover!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this looks like a good read! Thanks for the rec!

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice cover and pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/10/waiting-on-wednesday-owlet-by-emma.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. I only found out about this book a few weeks ago but it sounds like a good read! The cover is pretty awesome too :) Hope you enjoy it when it comes out.


    Here's my WoW post

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  14. Chey! Yes! I WANT THIS ONE! Uh... is it wrong that I want it almost entirely because of the cover? Err... :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have the book on my to-read list and I would love to read it when it comes out. Great pick. I hope you enjoy it when you read it.
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete