Saturday, May 14, 2011

IMM #2 - Goodwill!

I've been planning on going to Goodwill since I rarely ever get there (more like I don't particularly care for going there since it smells like old people).  I never look at the books when I go, so why not start now, right?  I don't look at finding only three books as a bad thing.  I'm quite happy I got them!  I also stopped at Target to get a three-shelf bookcase on the way home.

In My Mailbox is hosted by The Story Siren



Juliet, Naked by Nick Hornby
From what I gather, the book has to do with an English couple who start to fall out of love- or were never really in love.  The male character has an affair, can't offer Annie what she wants in the relationship, and considers other things- such as a musician named Tucker Crowe- to be at the top of his priorities.  Eventually, Annie begins to talk to Tucker after she breaks her relationship off with Duncan and they start to become fairly close until the end of the story.

The reason I got this was because I really wanted to read two of Hornby's other books, About a Boy and A Long Way Down.  The other reason I got it was because it looks like new and original price tag was left on- $26!  I got it for less than $2.  Score!
We'll see how I like it...whenever I get around to reading it.





Ttyl by Lauren Myracle


This book came out in 2005 and follows a teenage friendship through Instant Messages.  I remember my friends reading this series when I was in 8th grade, but I never really cared to pick it up before.

I think the only thing that will more than likely get on my nerves is the use of "u" instead of you or "y" instead of why and whatever else they have in there... I've never been someone to use chat lingo.

But for some reason, my mom still thinks it's so cool to text/ update her facebook status like that.


          1984 by George Orwell

I think most people were assigned this book in school, but since I didn't take AP Lit at my school, I never read it.  I'm a little late so I have some catching up to do.  For those of you who don't know (shame on you!) the book creates "a world of perpetual war, pervasive government surveillance, and incessant public mind control".

Plus my copy smells sooo old (duh, Chey!  Your copy is older than your mom!).  I like it.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment