Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #59

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by, Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on! 

Title: Emblaze
Author: Jessica Shirvington
Release Date: March 1st, 2013
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Once again Violet Eden faces an impossible choice ... and the consequences are unimaginable. 

 Violet has come to terms with the fact that being part angel, part human, means her life will never be as it was. 

Now Violet has something Phoenix - the exiled angel who betrayed her - will do anything for, and she has no intention of letting it fall into his hands. The only problem is that he has something she needs too. 

Not afraid to raise the stakes, Phoenix seemingly holds all the power, always one step ahead. And when he puts the final pieces of the prophecy together, it doesn't take him long to realise exactly who he needs in order to open the gates of Hell. 

With the help of surprising new allies, ancient prophecies are deciphered, a destination set and, after a shattering confrontation with her father, Violet leaves for the islands of Greece without knowing if she will have a home to return to.

When I first began the series, I wasn't quite sure whether or not I would continue, but after reading Entice, I have to.  I've grown attached to these characters, and I'm excited to see where Violet is going to end up next and what issues she'll have to face!

What awesome title are you waiting for this Wednesday? 
While you're here, enter my 1,000 follower giveaway to win a huge box of books or two 2013 pre-orders!

10 comments:

  1. I loved Embrace when I read it but I had to return Entwined before I could read it last week. Hopefully I can squeeze it in again before March.
    Great pick!
    Check out my WoW post :)

    -Kimberly @ Turning the Pages

    ReplyDelete
  2. i may have to start this series, it does sound interesting!

    Check out my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT pick! I'm dying to read this series, it sounds amazing!
    -Beth

    Visit YA Vixen's WoW here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven;t read Embrace it but the series is sure on my radar! Great choice =D

    Here's my WoW!

    Sana @ artsy musings of a bibliophile

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy! your pick.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2012/12/waiting-on-wednesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to get to this series! I've seen some great reviews for it, and it sounds incredible. Great pick!

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard some really great things about this series. I may have to check it out soon! Thanks for sharing. :)

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't started this series yet but I have been meaning to after the good things I read about book 2. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete