Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday #95

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine, which spotlights upcoming releases we can't wait to get our hands on! 

Title: The Accident Season
Author: Moïra Fowley-Doyle
Release Date: August 18th, 2015
Publisher: Kathy Dawson Books

Every October Cara and her family become inexplicably and unavoidably accident-prone. Some years it's bad, like the season when her father died, and some years it's just a lot of cuts and scrapes. This accident season--when Cara, her ex-stepbrother, Sam, and her best friend, Bea, are 17--is going to be a bad one. But not for the reasons they think. 

Cara is about to learn that not all the scars left by the accident season are physical: There's a long-hidden family secret underneath the bumps and bruises. This is the year Cara will finally fall desperately in love, when she'll start discovering the painful truth about the adults in her life, and when she'll uncover the dark origins of the accident season--whether she’s ready or not.

This book sounds so mysterious and unique!  I can't wait to find out more.

What awesome title are you waiting for this Wednesday?

13 comments:

  1. This one definitely sounds quite mysterious. And I do have to say that I am a fan of the cover! :)
    Have a good Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Creepy cover. But I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh this one is pretty much all over the blogosphere today :P Can’t wait for this one either–great pick! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very excited for this one! I saw it compared to Alice Hoffman's books so I hope it lives up to that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been seeing this one quite a bit around this week, and I have to say that the hype is getting to me! I just added it to my TBR-list :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The concept is fascinating, and yes the cover catches my eye too.

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds very interesting and the cover looks different might have to look into it.

    My WOW

    Jason @GeekBoyOnThePage

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited for this, too! The synopsis is incredibly intriguing--what's with October? ;) Fabulous pick, Chey!

    Aimee @ Deadly Darlings

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like just the right kind of creepy and suspenseful. Hope you get to enjoy this! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one is on my list as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm looking forward to reading this one! I hope you enjoy!

    Check out my WoW - Under the Lights!

    New follower!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one sounds really interesting; I hadn't heard of it before!
    I chose Off the Page by Jodi Picoult & Samantha Van Leer.

    Joana (www.best-of-ya.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pick! I've been seeing this one around quite a lot and it sounds really good. Happy reading! :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete