Saturday, July 22, 2017

Ipsy July 2017

Another subscription I opted to join is Ipsy, a $10 a month beauty bag!  I love makeup, but I don't love paying for it because I just don't put a whole new face on every day.  As with most things, I go through a phase of loving it and wondering why anyone would waste their money on something that they'll never use most of.  I can't even tell you how lipstick crazy I went last year, or how many eyeshadow palettes I own.  Those are my downfalls!

When I saw my one of my friend's ADORABLE makeup bag, and she told me it was from Ipsy, I signed up just for that!  In the bag, they include a variety of 5 items hand-picked to suit your style.  While most of the items are deluxe sample sizes, usually one or two items in the bag will be full sized!  I did the math, and this month, my Ipsy bag was worth at least $40!

This month Ipsy collaborated with Gudetama, the lazy egg from Sanrio!


So what was in my bag?
-Hypnose Drama mascara from Lancome
-Winky Lux Double Matte Whip liquid lipstick in the shade Angel Food
-Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Deep Dive facial cleanser
-mPrincess pressed eyeshadow in the shade Biscuit
-Ciate Wonderwand gel-kohl eyeliner in Black
-Hempz herbal lip balm

First off, the bag is super cute, and I'm very pleased.  I love Sanrio characters, and Gudetama is SO me.  Although the bag smelled a bit plastic-y/like chemicals, it didn't bother me at all.

I've only gotten the chance to try a couple of these items, but my first impression was a little meh.  I could live without these items in my collection, but I have to say that I really do enjoy the Hempz herbal lip balm.  It smells and tastes good, it keeps my lips moisturized, and I find myself reaching for it more than my EOS lip balm (which I couldn't live without for the longest time).

The mPrincess eyeshadow will probably get more use as an under-the-brow highlight, and the Hypnose Drama mascara seemed to hold up just fine for me.  

I was most excited to try the Tarte cleanser because I love that brand, and I've already thought about purchasing it, so why not try before I buy?  I was so disappointed by the size of it that I haven't even picked it up yet.  At about half the size of one of my fingers, it's easy to forget about, but I'm hearing that a little goes a long way!

The Winky Lux lipstick seems a little too peachy for my skin tone, but I haven't done more than a swatch on my arm, so maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised when I try it on my lips.  I also haven't tried the Ciate eyeliner, although I'm glad to have it, because even if I skip any other item, I will always reach for an eyeliner.

No comments:

Post a Comment