Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Urban Decay Electric Palette: Review & Swatches

My newfound love of makeup began over the summer and quickly grew from a couple new lip colors to multiple eyeshadow palettes, face products, and ALL of the highlighters.  When I heard a rumor that the Urban Decay Electric Palette was on sale because they were discontinuing it, I knew I had to have it.  All of the colors in the palette spoke to me.  Even though I'd been wearing nothing but black eyeliner on a daily basis for years, I've always loved bold eyes.

From top to bottom: Revolt (silver shimmer), Gonzo (matte turquoise), Slowburn (matte red-orange), Savage (matte hot pink), Fringe (metallic teal), Chaos (matte blue), Jilted (metallic fuchsia with blue shift), Urban (metallic purple), Freak (bright green with gold shift), and Thrash (matte lime green). 

These are pressed pigments, so they have an impressive color payoff.  Each of the swatches on my arm were done in one swipe.  I'm partial to metallic and shimmer shades, but the mattes are just as pretty!  I'm still trying to figure out a way to use Slowburn, because I've never worn red-orange eyeshadow before.  One thing to keep in mind is that although this is clearly marketed as an eyeshadow palette, like most neon shadows in the United States, not every shade is FDA-approved to use around the eye (Slowburn, Savage, Jilted, and Urban).

From what I've seen so far, Urban Decay always has appealing packaging, but this palette really stands out in my collection.  There's an explosion of color on the hard plastic case, accurate to what you will find inside, with a large mirror and handy double-ended brush.  While the brush is not the best, and the purple bristles feel more like plastic, it still does well in a pinch.  Overall, this palette feels durable and I enjoy throwing it in my travel bag just in case I'm feeling like a change of pace.


As soon as I unboxed this palette, I dipped my brushes in and began to play.  Here I have used Revolt on my inner corner, Freak on my lid, Savage as a transition color, Urban in my crease, and Gonzo on my lower lash line.  With my order, I also received a sample of Urban Decay Revolution high-color lip gloss in the shade Failbait, which perfectly matched Savage.


If you're interested in snagging this palette before it's gone, you can still get it for $24 on the Urban Decay website, Sephora, or Macy's!  I'd say that it's definitely worth the money if you like to live on the wild side and be a little creative with your makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment